Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Wyatt's Birth Story Part 1

So Tyler temporarily took over my blog! I'd like to think I am finally back now =) I'm sure you'll still hear from him though ;)

I am working on typing out Wyatt’s birth story! I am going to post it in 2 or 3 parts, as I am only able to sit down and type a little bit here and there. It is going to be pretty detailed too, so sorry if it bores anyone.. it’s mostly for my own good though. I never want to forget those amazing (and humorous) moments…


I had Tyler take notes as the labor and delivery progressed so I would be able to go back and write it all out. I’m sure glad we did that because while I do remember most of the day, reading the notes sure helps trigger all the little details.

__________________________________________________________________________________
Thursday, December 16th I had a Dr. appointment. After a (extremely uncomfortable) cervical exam it was determined that I was 3 cm dilated. However, my cervix was still extremely high and posterior. We went ahead and set an induction date for Monday, the 27th, as that was the latest they were going to let me go.

Friday night, the 17th, was our typical night out and we went and saw Tron in the movie theatre.

Saturday, the 18th, we didn’t do much of anything other than go for a very long walk outside.. it was a gorgeous 73 degrees and sunny so we went walking around the neighborhood. I like to tell myself that this is what finally did the trick =) Of course we had also been joking for the last couple weeks how cool it would be if Wyatt came on his due date since I had read that it only happens about 5% of the time.

Well, Saturday night I could not sleep. I was tossing and turning all night it seemed, just unable to get comfortable (which wasn’t too unusual anyways in the 9th month of pregnancy). I could also hear our neighbors outside which didn’t help either. I finally got to sleep probably about 1 or 2 in the morning. While I was sleeping, I woke up all of a sudden caused by the weirdest popping sensation in my belly. I don’t think I’ve ever awakened so suddenly! And I immediately thought, “I think my water just broke.” I wasn’t sure so I stayed real still to see if I could feel anything… nothing. So I got up slowly and walked to the bathroom. I had a tiny trickle of fluid and shouted, “TYLER!” ... it must have sounded pretty urgent because I've never seen him jump out of bed so fast! We talked for a little bit trying to decide if my water really broke. I was in denial but Tyler did the smell trick and convinced me “Jenna, that’s NOT pee... your water broke!” We checked the time.. it was 3:00 in the morning, Sunday December 19th =) We couldn’t help but giggle. I called my Dr.’s office and the nurse took down some information and said the Dr. on call would call me back. The Dr. we were hoping would deliver Wyatt happened to be on call! (Dr. Baird) He called me right back and said, “Isn’t today your due date?” I told him it was and he said, “Sometimes we do get it right!” =) He told me he would notify the hospital and to come on in!

We had our bags packed and a list on top of the bag with last minute items to grab (toiletries, pillows, ect.) At this point, Tyler was SO excited! I mean.. he. Was. Pumped! He got dressed and started gathering all of our stuff together and was just as happy as could be. On the other hand, I. was. Freaked. Out. I don’t really know why… I had been waiting for this day for how long now..? But I was so scared. I was telling Tyler, “Calm down!” haha He was making me even more nervous with all his excitement!

I had actually showered Saturday evening since we had just bummed around most of the day, so I really didn’t need to shower. I will admit that I put on some mascara and brushed my teeth though =) I got dressed and we headed off to the hospital at about 3:40 am.

We got to the hospital, parked, and as I stood up to get out of the car… here came the “gush” of fluids! Grossest. feeling. ever, but there I am in the dark, freezing cold, early morning, standing in the ER parking lot shouting, "ewwwww! This is so gross!" as the gush of fluids soaks my entire bottom half, visible through my sweat pants and everything! We were cracking up as I uncomfortably waddle in to the ER with my big ‘ol belly and soaked britches =)

(sidenote- contractions had not kicked in yet)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

Hi, I'm Jenna! Wife of 9 years to my high school sweetheart, Tyler, and stay-at-home mama to our 3 year old, Wyatt, and 1 year old foster daughter. I blog about our extra-ordinary days to keep family updated and because I enjoy journaling and documenting the things that bring me joy... faith, family, and friends!

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Lisete
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved