Monday, January 2, 2012

Family Visit Part 4 (Final)

On Friday, we had originally planned to go to Fredericksburg for the day but by Thursday night we were all pretty wore out and just wanted a day at the house. We had some things to do to get ready for the weekend. So I don't have many pictures from Friday. Then Saturday was Christmas Eve!
This is a little random but.... the Mr. has been begging me to go back to short hair for a while now (like almost 2 years lol). I was "considering" it for about the past year. On top of that, I only got 1 haircut in the past year! (Having a newborn is partially to blame and then moving and not having a hair stylist added to the problem) So needless to say, I was getting reeeally tired of my long hair. It was driving me crazy. For some reason, I finally decided to chop it all off while my family was here. I got a recommendation from one of the ladies at my MOPS table. I called, planning to set the appointment for the following week but she asked if I wanted to come in "tomorrow" (Christmas Eve), so I figured why not! So on Christmas Eve the Mr. and I took a little "day date" and went and got my haircut, out for coffee and cheesecake, to Target, and to the bookstore =) So here's my new do....



I can't even explain how much I love it! It feels sooo much better! Although it does require a little bit of "styling" but that's ok =)

While we were out, the rest of the gang did some Christmas baking and Dad did some reading (well, he did that nearly every day) =)




At 5:00 we went to the Christmas Pageant at church that was just wonderful!



After church we came home and had our Christmas Eve dinner. Then we opened a few presents. (My family's tradition on Christmas Eve is church, dinner, then open presents. Christmas morning was then 1 big present from Santa) Wyatt was ready for bed so we only opened a couple things that night. 





After we put Wyatt down, we opened the rest of our gifts. First, these pictures need some explanation... Chandler is very hard to shop for. He never wants anything for his birthday or Christmas. This year was no different. Every time we went out shopping my parents would ask what he wanted and he would say, "Nothing." (nothing wrong with being content right?! =)) My mom kept threatening that he would have no presents to open but he didn't care. Well, we played the Monopoly card game nearly every night and Chandler expressed that he would like to have his own Monopoly card game. So we picked it up at Target that day while we were out. We didn't even wrap it before giving it to him so here is Chandler with his only Christmas present.....
hahahaha .... Well then Dad says, "Hey, we have to at least make it look like it was wrapped! Hand me that wrapping paper!" .....
LOL.. My Dad is famous for his dramatic opening of presents for the camera


(To end the night, we played a couple rounds of Clue)

Christmas morning Wyatt opened the rest of his presents...











The rest of Christmas Day was spent playing with all the new toys, playing chess, eating our big Christmas Day dinner, visiting with the Mr.'s family who came over and webcaming with my brother's family in Virginia! 








(I love this picture! That's my niece and nephew =) ) 

And that sums up my family's visit! They headed home the next day. We had a blast and are so thankful for the time we got to spend together!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

Hi, I'm Jenna! Wife of 9 years to my high school sweetheart, Tyler, and stay-at-home mama to our 3 year old, Wyatt, and 1 year old foster daughter. I blog about our extra-ordinary days to keep family updated and because I enjoy journaling and documenting the things that bring me joy... faith, family, and friends!

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Lisete
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved