Thursday, August 16, 2012

MOPS Convention 2012

As I've mentioned before, I am on the steering committee for my MOPS group for the 2012-2013 year. Last weekend, a group of 9 of us went to the annual MOPS International Convention at the Gaylord Texan Resort in Dallas! I was not originally signed up to go but another lady had to drop at the last minute so I snatched up the empty spot. I am so. glad. I was able to go. Tyler was able to stay home with Wyatt so that wasn't an issue. And our MOPS group is so fortunate in that our budget covered everyone's registration and hotel rooms... we just had to pay for our food! Can't beat that.

Our 3 days at convention consisted of 4 general sessions, several workshops, morning praise and worship, Matthew West concert, shopping, eating, lounging by the pool, and lots and lots of chatting =) I really didn't know any of the girls that went but got to know a few of them very well and I am so, so thankful for that!! It was such a blast! We heard from some amazing speakers (Lisa Harper, Kay Warren, Shauna Niequist - check out her blog!) and got introduced to so many awesome resources to help us along this wild parenting adventure ;) Now for the pictures.....

The Resort


MOPS friends =)

Opening Night...

Me and Heather

 I GOT TO MEET CHRISTY NOCKELS!!! (She led the worship for the entire convention... sooooo amazing! I've alwasy loved her!)

Alecia and Lauren

 Alison, Jenny, and Katherine

With Rachel and Heather assembling a box for Operation Christmas Child

Relaxing by the Lazy River.... without having to wrangle children! LOL 

Our Group

Jenny and Alison are our Coordinators for the year


This was my first time away from Wyatt overnight and surprisingly I did just fine =) (And he did too, of course!) We were actually really busy so there wasn't a lot of time to mope over missing our little ones, lol. Tyler had a blast having him all to himself for 3 days, best Daddy ever ;) I love the MOPS organization and everything it stands for. And to think I almost didn't join last year because I'm "shy".... I'm sure glad I got over that because I have met some awesome friends and so has Wyatt!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

Hi, I'm Jenna! Wife of 9 years to my high school sweetheart, Tyler, and stay-at-home mama to our 3 year old, Wyatt, and 1 year old foster daughter. I blog about our extra-ordinary days to keep family updated and because I enjoy journaling and documenting the things that bring me joy... faith, family, and friends!

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Lisete
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved