Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Happy 21 Months, Wyatt!

How can he possibly be 3 months away from turning TWO?!?! It's a good thing life just keeps getting more and more fun! And he just keeps getting cuter!! =)


  • Wears size 5 diapers
  • Wears 24 month/2T clothes and toddler size 5 shoes
  • Food... he's still pretty picky like at 18 months, but I've gotten in the habit of feeding him what we eat at every meal, I put 4-5 things on his plate, with at least ONE thing I know he will eat. That way he has choices. Sometimes he will only eat the fruit and when he's done he just pushes his plate away and I let him down. I find that after a few meals of eating like a bird, the next couple meals he'll clean his whole plate. So I don't worry about it too much and we don't have any fusses over meals.
  • Schedule.... he goes down between 7 and 7:30 (closer to 7:30 most nights) and sleeps until anywhere from 7:30-8:30. So 12-13 hours/night. He is finally 100% down to 1 nap a day. (The transition from 2 naps to 1 nap was the longest, slowest transition yet!) He eats lunch about 11:30 and goes down around 12. His average nap is 2 hours.
  • His paci still stays in his crib at all times. It is only for sleeping. Totally not looking forward to when the time comes to get rid of it =/
  • His newest development for this post is definitely talking! I've lost count of how many words he has now. He basically says anything you tell him to. (i.e. "Wyatt, Say _____!") And he'll try to say it! We are working on two-word phrases now since that's the next "step" in language development. ("Open, please. Up, Mama. No, kitty. , ect.) He "babbles" alll day long.. it is so much fun.
  • He loves pre-school! He runs right to his teacher, and then last Tuesday when I went to pick him up he didn't even want to come to me and then he cried when I carried him out, LOL.
  • He has 2 "obsessions" right now. The first one is cars, trucks, and planes! Any kind of vehicle really. And the second is coloring/drawing! He LOVES coloring. Absolutely loves it. He will sit and color for 30 minutes straight. And he will "copy" what we draw. (lines, circles, polka dots, ect.) We might have an artist on our hands because he loves drawing!

 
 
 
 
 
I was reading back over his 18 month post and thought I should add that he's not near as "attached" to me as he was a couple months ago. It must have just been one of those phases. He seems to be doing really well with our much faster paced schedule this fall... I still make sure we have some days where we just stay home all day and play =) We are having SO much fun watching him grow and learn about the world around him! Life with this little boy just keeps getting better!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

Hi, I'm Jenna! Wife of 9 years to my high school sweetheart, Tyler, and stay-at-home mama to our 3 year old, Wyatt, and 1 year old foster daughter. I blog about our extra-ordinary days to keep family updated and because I enjoy journaling and documenting the things that bring me joy... faith, family, and friends!

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Lisete
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved