Thursday, August 12, 2010

It's A......

BOY!!!!!



(But you all already knew that.. haha) And here is the proof....



(see arrow)

AND WE ARE THRILLED!!! Of course, we would have been just as thrilled either way to hear our babe was growing and healthy, regardless of gender. But deep in our hearts we both desired a little boy.. how awesome is He. We are overwhelmed with thankfulness, just as we were when we discovered I was pregnant. We are having the time of our lives =) Here is another picture of our little guy....

His arms/hands were chilling up behind his head. The ultrasound tech said, "He looks like a thinker." lol His heart looked great. His head measured 1 week ahead and his leg bones measured almost 2 weeks ahead. Either that means a) he will be a big baby or b) he will come early..... OPTION B, PLEASE! My favorite quote though, "You couldn't ask for a healthier baby." *sigh* Music to my ears... We got a DVD of the entire ultrasound she recorded for us.

I also had a regular check-up this week. Everything checked out good there too! The last blood test they did (the MSAFP) came back normal, my blood pressure was right on, my weight gain is still at 1 lb. a week, and Dr. said I look great. He said I'll probably gain 25 pounds and I'll lose it all by my 6-8 week check-up and everyone will hate me. Ummm, I don't know what makes him think that but let's hope he's right, haha. (well except the hating me part) lol
Of course it was great getting to listen to the heartbeat again =) I'll never forget what he said (I already wrote it down in my preggo notes).... "This little boy is going to turn your world upside down. He is jetting around all over the place in there!" We would be listening to the heartbeat, then we would hear a "swoosh", then we would hear it again followed by a "swoosh", ect. I rarely feel an actual kick. It is more like "swimming around" ... I'm hoping that means he'll like swimming ;)

And lastly, an update on the sciatica. I recognized that I was waking up constantly in the middle of the night on my BACK, which is a big no-no apparently while you're pregnant. Well, Tyler insisted on buying me a SNOOGLE - Total Body Pillow .. (I couldn't see spending that much money on a silly looking pillow, but we bought it nonetheless) It has kept me from rolling onto my back while I sleep, and I have had absolutely no sciatic nerve pain since then. I'm not sure if it's a coincidence.... ? But I am glad =) I am sure it will show up again, but for now I am feeling GREAT!!

Next appointment is Friday, September 17th. After that one, appointments will be every 2 weeks, December will be here before we know it!

2 comments:

  1. Jenna! Your snoogle is HUGE! LOL! I think another girl I know bought one and her husband would snuggle up with the part of the pillow behind her. Too funny!! SOO glad it's helping you though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA, I know, it is the weirdest looking thing. But Tyler loves it too! There are so many positions you can put it in, to sleep AND just to lay in bed with the computer or read or whatever. We use it all the time and probably will well after the baby is here too, lol. Greatest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete

Pages

About Me

Hi, I'm Jenna! Wife of 9 years to my high school sweetheart, Tyler, and stay-at-home mama to our 3 year old, Wyatt, and 1 year old foster daughter. I blog about our extra-ordinary days to keep family updated and because I enjoy journaling and documenting the things that bring me joy... faith, family, and friends!

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Lisete
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved