Friday, July 29, 2011

Church Home and MOPS

We are so happy to have found a new church home so quickly here in San Antonio! We are Concordia Lutheran's newest members =)

It is by far the largest church we have ever been members of... over 2,000 in attendance every weekend. We almost didn't even consider visiting it because of it's size... but, we're Lutherans and it's Concordia, how could we not visit?! lol Every week the message is so powerful (no matter which pastor is preaching) and we've just kept coming back week after week. We attend the 11:00 service on Sunday morning which is the contemporary service. (They also have Saturday night and then 8:00 and 9:30 on Sunday morning) We love the service, the music, the nursery program, the outreach, the huge emphasis on kids and the family.. I could go on. =)

I am most excited about the fact that I am signed up for MOPS "Mothers of Pre-schoolers." This is a group of moms that meets every other Friday for a time of food, fellowship, bible study, various guest speakers, ect. And then aside from the bi-weekly meetings, they do community service projects and volunteer work with various organizations. I am so excited to get involved with this program. It offers free childcare provided by the teachers from the church's Tiny Tots program. Wyatt will be in the baby room =) I am really looking forward to meeting other moms! My closest friend is 3 hours away right now, ha. (Love you, Erin!)

Look for a post soon on our weekend in Dallas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

Hi, I'm Jenna! Wife of 9 years to my high school sweetheart, Tyler, and stay-at-home mama to our 3 year old, Wyatt, and 1 year old foster daughter. I blog about our extra-ordinary days to keep family updated and because I enjoy journaling and documenting the things that bring me joy... faith, family, and friends!

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Lisete
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved