Thursday, June 28, 2012

Happy 18 Months, Wyatt!

*Updated with Video*
He's still 18 months old so I'm not late yet! Although he doesn't have his 18 month appointment until he's just about 19 months, so I'll have to update his stats then. Aaaand for his 18 month picture........

Real cute, huh?!? LOL 2 things to note at this age.. 1) I cannot make him do anything his doesn't want to and 2) "SMILE!" means nothing to him.. LOL It makes for good memories though =) Now for the updates...
  • Wears size 4 diapers. I'm going to move him up to size 5 when these run out.
  • Weighs ___ and is ____ inches tall

  • Wears mostly 24 month/2T clothes. He can still fit into some 18 month clothes but they look to small on him.

  • Food.... gone are the baby days when he would eat anything and everything I put in front of him!! UGH! He totally does the toddler thing now. He will love something one day and then refuse to eat it the next day! So I can't even really pick out any favorites right now other than strawberries. He will never turn down strawberries. And he absolutely refuses to eat vegetables! Other than cucumbers and pickles, which we both eat nearly every day, lol. But as for veggies, he will literally pick out peas, carrots, corn, green beans, ect. out of like a casserole dish! If he just refuses to eat what I make, I let him out of his high chair and he gets down and plays. I don't want to get in the habit of making him a special meal. Most of the time he will come back and decide he wants to eat.

  • Schedule.. Goes down between 7 and 7:30 and wakes up between 7 and 7:30. As for naps, I have to say, the transition from 2 naps to 1 nap has been the longest transition yet!! He is verrry slowly getting down to 1 nap/day (afternoon). He gets 2 naps/day still once or twice a week when I can tell he needs it. Overall, he is a great sleeper and I am sooo thankful.
  • He still uses a paci but only for sleeping. It stays in his crib, so when I say "time for night night" he runs to his crib for his paci. And then when he wakes up and I pick him up he's throws it down in his crib. I am totally ok with that, we'll try to get rid of it completely before he turns 2.
  • Talking... I'd say he says about 10-12 words that have meaning. But he "talks" a lot. And if we say, "SAY _____." he will try to repeat it =) His biggest thing right now is animal noises! I was able to catch it on video the other day when he was playing in a bucket of water. (you might have to turn up your volume a little bit to hear him)

  • (He also does "BAA" for sheep, I forgot to ask him that one.)
  • He still loves reading. We go to the library about once a week and get a biiig stack of books. We read before every nap and bedtime and it is by far my favorite part of the day.
  • I definitely couldn't write this post without mentioning that he is a total mama's boy. Very rarely does he play by himself (we need to work on that, lol).. he is at my side 98% of his waking hours and just plain wanting me to hold him 50% of those hours. He gives me the biggest hugs all throughout the day, blows me kisses from the backseat of the car while I am driving, and even wants me to reach back and hold his hand while I'm driving. <3 My mama heart could not be any fuller! Although the days he wants to be held can be very exhausting considering how big he is getting! Some day he'll be embarrassed to be seen with me though, so I am counting it a blessing right now =)

  • Loves his tools!


    I just thought this was cute, watching a movie...

    This was taken driving to a friend's house, he left the house with the football and didn't put it down until he had to get out of the car, lol

    (I just realized I've posted quite a bit the last 3 months, so I've already shared most of my pictures of him! )
    This is a very busy stage. I try to pick my battles and say "No" the least amount possible, however, some days I feel like I am saying it over and over. He likes to knock things over and chunk things across the living room and make a mess of anything he touches.. you get the picture, lol =) He could be in the middle of a meltdown and still do something cute that melts my heart though, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

Hi, I'm Jenna! Wife of 9 years to my high school sweetheart, Tyler, and stay-at-home mama to our 3 year old, Wyatt, and 1 year old foster daughter. I blog about our extra-ordinary days to keep family updated and because I enjoy journaling and documenting the things that bring me joy... faith, family, and friends!

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Lisete
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved