Sunday, March 18, 2012

Growth

This Sunday's post isn't necessarily directly about Lent, but it is related. I came across this post titled, "What's Growing?" written by Holley Gerth. It's super short, but the message is that our relationship with God takes time and growth. It is not about immediate production. This reminded me of the Lenten season because it is a time of reflection and refocusing which (hopefully) brings about growth in our faith walk. In the last bible study I did ("James-Mercy Triumphs by Beth Moore) she talked about how we want a "Holy Spurt" instead of the "Holy Spirit" (lol).... We always want to hear from God in our time and on our terms, or have him show us a "sign" when making a decision, or read a bible verse and have it speak directly to our current circumstances... but the truth is, it takes time and commitment and effort on our part to cultivate our relationship with God. We must be in His Word and seeking His will daily and in all things, giving thanks in all circumstances and God will work in our lives and we will feel the Holy Spirit in His time. It is a growth process... much like gardening. And I am learning more and more that it is lifelong journey. We will never know God fully here on earth,we won't always seek His purpose for our lives, we will have doubts, we'll never have all the answers to our questions, we'll stray and get distracted by the things of the world, we'll stumble and sin... BUT, God is faithful. And in spite of all those things we can come back to Him and continue our journey and grow in our faith.

Speaking of growth.... something my tomato plant is struggling with (ahem).. =/ It desperately needs SUN, and it's been so cloudy here! I'm totally bummed. It has started flowering, but it is also kind of whithering, lol. And I had to pull some dead leaves off. hmmm. I'm in it for the long haul! But it's not looking hopeful.

"For great is His love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord." Psalm 117:2


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

About Me

Hi, I'm Jenna! Wife of 9 years to my high school sweetheart, Tyler, and stay-at-home mama to our 3 year old, Wyatt, and 1 year old foster daughter. I blog about our extra-ordinary days to keep family updated and because I enjoy journaling and documenting the things that bring me joy... faith, family, and friends!

Followers

Designed By:

Munchkin Land Designs Elements by Lisete
 
Designed by Munchkin Land Designs • Copyright 2012 • All Rights Reserved